Senior Lighting Designer
As a Senior Lighting Designer, you will be responsible for developing lighting design briefs/ programs/ technical specifications and related plans per various client’s needs and international standards. You will also be responsible for preparing the operating budget for the Lighting Design function and monitor the financial performance.
What about your Skills & Responsibilities
- Completing all phases of project lighting design, starting from the original conception to implementation phases
- Directing and reviewing the work of other Lighting Designers and Lighting Interns
- Provide lighting design solutions appropriate to client brief, budget and relevant standards.
- Attend client and design team meetings, sometimes involving national and/or international travel.
- Prepare presentations to clients and present them to clients.
- Develop lighting design solutions – lighting calculations, research of fixture alternatives, review of fixture samples, construction of temporary mockups
- Oversee the documentation of the lighting design, lighting details, light fixture schedules, lighting control specifications
- Plan and execute lighting mockups as needed throughout the project
- Review cost estimates of project lighting specifications and adjust lighting design to meet the client’s budget.
- Review construction progress of lighting installation at project site and issue field reports to the design team.
- Supervise final aiming of light fixtures and lighting controls programming.
What about you as a Person & Experience?
- Min 5 years’ experience in architectural lighting design.
- Able to manage a project from Concept to Completion as an active participant in all the tasks within the project (concept, presentations, drawings packages, specification and schedules, lighting calculations assessment, mock-ups, site visits, internal and external communication).
- Can work autonomously and willing to take leadership within a team.
- Attentive to details and focus on high-end results.
- Proficient in: DIALux, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite,
- BIM, 3dsMax, Rhino, Revit or similar are a plus.
- Ability to graphically express your ideas is highly valued.
- Effective and efficient time management and communication skills within the various stakeholders of the project.
- Written and spoken English and French/or Dutch are a plus.
We create exceptional experiences at the intersection of design, art and technology. For 25 years, our international team of architects, engineers, scenographers and content-curators have worked with forward-thinking clients, using technology, multimedia and narrative to design, produce and deliver innovative experiences worldwide. With roots in both entertainment and architectural lighting design, we have stayed ahead of the innovation curve by implementing a multifaceted approach and technical know-how, derived from our diverse areas of expertise. Our commitment is to gather, engage and amaze audiences, while creating value for our clients.
What we offer you
• Competitive salary in line with international standards
• Creative, exciting and international working environment
• Opportunity for growth within organization
ACTLD’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
ACTLD is an eco-conscious company aiming to minimize its ecological footprint and maximize our social and economic impact.
Are you who we are looking for?
Kindly indicate in the subject of the email the application Lighting Designer April2023
We look forward to hearing from you!